02 May 2016

I AM – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Most of you know that my heart in this writing is to follow Christ more closely.  I succeed and I fail.  I fall and I rise. I retreat and I advance.  It is after all a journey. 

Since my goal is to follow Christ I would spend some time refreshing my recollection of who Jesus claims to be.  His best friend, John documents the moments where Jesus makes statements about who he is.  These are called the I AM statements of Christ.

The reason this matters is that the Father gives us a name by which to call him when he is instructing Moses.  That name is “I AM”.   We follow the God who is.  He is a constant more than the northern star.  He is the ever present presence in the presence.

As I walk through my thoughts on these claims of Jesus I hope to find ways to follow more closely.  Since the Father and Son are one God it allows me to know them both better.  That is my desire.  I want to know them in the now.  I want to see Jesus as he claims to be and journey with him in every moment.

Please journey with me.  As always I value your thoughts and questions as well.  They will only help me follow more closely.

Know You in The Now – Michael Card

A light so many strain to see
The One we talk so much about
But rarely ever live it out

Could You tell me why
Was it for this You came and died
A once a week observance
When we coldly mouth Your words

Lord I long to see
Your presence in reality
But I don't know how
Let me know You in the now

We should confess
We lose You in our busyness
We've made You in our image
So our faith's idolatry

Lord, deliver me
Break my heart so I can see
All the ways You dwell in us
That You're alive in me

Lord I long to see
Your presence in reality
But I don't know how
Let me know You in the now

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment