05 May 2016

Second Thoughts – Laundry Challenges

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

This past weekend I was to spend a day with my Daughter Christmas.  I also had a burgeoning need to do laundry.  She did as well.  We agreed that we would visit the city wide yard sales in a neighboring village and enjoy dinner at a restaurant next to a laundromat of which we knew. 

We both love the restaurant and it seemed an excellent way spend the time together, do the chore, and enjoy our day.  Thereby as they say hangs a tale.  I do not like to carry change.  When I have change I deposit it in a large glass pig or in the case of quarters into a small seal-able bowl on my credenza. 

The small bowl held about fifty dollars in quarters.  I brought these along to feed the metal beasts that would launder our clothing whilst we dined on General Tso’s Chicken and fried rice.  The first indication that there would be challenges was that the laundromat was crowded.  It seemed that every washer and dryer was occupied. 

We discovered that the large capacity ones in the back had enough available units for our loads of washing.  We put the clothes in to wash and went next door to obtain dinner; so far so good.  I should know to worry when things are going according to plan.

Whilst we were getting our takeout the remainder of the village turned out to do laundry.  We returned and set a timer that matched the reaming washing time.  We ate at conversed until the timer told us it was time to check our wash.  The machines were just spinning down when we arrived at them.

Unfortunately there were no empty dryers.  The one posting the soonest completion time offered to be ready twenty minutes into the future.  I suggested that we instead head to my place and use the dryer there.  Then we could dry in leisure whilst enjoying the evening.  Christmas agreed. 

Not only did I leave the tub of quarters but I injured my shoulder foolishly trying to carry both totes of wet laundry.  I wanted to become angry.  I desired to rant over my lost quarters.  Then I added the cost of the event.

Cost to wash the clothes - $10.75
Cost to dry the clothes - $6.00
Cost of lost quarters - $40.50
Showing my Daughter that she matters more than inconveniences - Priceless

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment