07 May 2016

I AM – The Resurrection and the Life - Resurrection

Greetings Dear Reader,

“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”

One of the ongoing arguments about Jesus is the resurrection.  Richard Swinburne has an excellent work The Resurrection of God Incarnate that addresses the subject much better than I could.  You can also hear his recitation on the Probability of the Resurrection well worth the hour to listen to it.

Beyond his own resurrection Jesus explains that he is the conduit for our own resurrection.  My daily hope is that Christ will return in the moment.  I believe and hope but I also plan in case he does not.  If I shuffle off this mortal coil before he returns Jesus is my conduit to resurrection.  He is the promise and first evidence that I will stand before the Father.

Job, the oldest record we have of human interaction with God, says that he knows he will see God in the flesh even if his body is no more.  There will be a resurrection.  Some do not believe this and I feel sad for them.

Even if my journey in following ends before I catch up with Jesus, I will be like the people of Israel leaving Egypt.  All their illnesses were cured.  They were renewed for the journey.  When I head to that Undiscovered Country it will be with a new body free from the scars and infirmities of the journey home.

It is through Jesus that we are assured and obtain this.  It is in following Christ, even in death if necessary, that we find our path to the resurrection and a new and good creation. Some days the journey is dark and lonely.  But I know what Job knew.   Thinking on it thrills my soul.

Home Where I Belong – Pat Terry

They say that heaven's pretty
And living here is too
But if they said that I
would have to choose between the two
I'd go home, going home, where I belong


And sometimes when I'm dreaming
It comes as no surprise
That if you look and see
The homesick feeling in my eyes
I'm going home, going home, where I belong

While I'm here I'll serve him gladly
And sing him all my songs
I'm here, but not for long

And when I'm feeling lonely
And when I'm feeling blue
It's such a joy to know that
I am only passing through

I'm headed home, going home, where I belong

And one day I'll be sleeping,
When death knocks on my door
And I'll awake and find that
I'm not homesick anymore
I'll be home, going home, where I belong

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment