27 May 2016

Breathing Salt Air - Fleeting Fear

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am a fish.  No I have not lost my mind or become delusional.  I swim.  I have since I was three.  My Children all swim well.  I am teaching my Grandsons this week. 

One of them expressed serious fear of the water.  He would not go where he could not stand unless someone was holding him.  Then he moved past where he could stand when no adults were right next to him.  He was calling for help, freaking out, and swimming.

It is that way with fear.  We are afraid and we conquer it or it becomes part of our lives.  I am determined that my Grandsons will not fear the water.  I will assure that they respect it, but not fear it. 

There are fears I must conquer if I am to make the last act successful.  Facing them and killing them is the only way through.  The only way out is through.  It is fear that tries to hinder us from being what we can be.  It is fear that aims to destroy us. 

There will be many things on the journey that try to scare me off the path.  It is giving in to them that is dangerous.  It is listening that puts us in danger.  I must follow without fear wherever Christ leads.  If my eyes are fixed on the Christ the rest will be as it should be.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment