13 February 2018

Café Comments ~ The Crema Council

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is a covey of very friendly folks at the café who sit together and chat over breakfast.  For the first few weeks I frequented this café I was glad to listen and enjoy their interactions.  They broke the ice by mentioning my “Feel Free to Share My Table” sign as a nice gesture.  When they discovered that I knew one of the managers I was an instant friend to them.  As I have come to know them better I refer to them as the Crema Council. 

They ruminate over current affairs, the weather, grandchildren, and much more.  They always have a kind word and are personable with anyone they encounter.   It is always a good thing to hear them weigh in on world events and the current state of the café.  One of their great skills is to discuss without arguing. 

In my time at the café I have been privilege to the wisdom they share with others.  I have learned more patience and balance in my thinking.  I have grown to understand that there are those with whom I disagree on important issues who can listen to and respect my position. 

They are also a constant source of encouragement to those around them.  There are also those moments when a toddler they know enters the café and they melt into adoring grandparent mode.  In that moment I see the deep love they have for life and its new ventures. 

If I hope to age well I must learn from their example.   In not too many more trips around the sun I will be them.  I hope I carry their kindness and grace into those years and can further their hope and love for others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment