26 February 2018

Love They Neighbor Revisited ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

After writing last week about guns I am emotionally quite tired.  I am going to focus for a few days on practical aspects of something good just to bolster my own spirits.  This is one of those things that is essential to being able to claim with any integrity that I follow Christ.

As I move through a genuine crisis in my personal life it is vital that I am sure that I am focused on what I am commanded to be.  There are two commandments under which all other law resides.  Jesus made this quite clear and yet we make them complex to avoid obeying their simplicity. 

The first is to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind.  I cannot, as a flawed human achieve this.  I can, however, attempt every moment to be better at it.  I can do what it takes to walk through life seeking Christ in every moment.  When I fail I must quickly address the failure, seek forgiveness, and keep following.

The second command is to love my neighbor as I love my self.  I cannot hope to do this without doing the first one.  I cannot for a moment believe I am doing the first one if I do not do this one.  They are intertwined and inseparable. 

In light of this I need to spend some time examining the particulars of it as I see it greatly lacking in the world.  I hope to keep this lighthearted
 and kind but when we talk about genuine, barrier crushing love, we will encounter darkness.  I will attempt to shine the light on this darkness lightly. 

Please, Dear Reader, walk with me a bit whilst we examine how we can better love each other.  It could actually be quite enjoyable.  As always, I value your part in the conversation. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment