19 February 2018

On Guns and Their Control ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I hesitate to write about this.  It is, however, a social issue that requires my evaluation.  I must know what I think and be prepared to express that thought with conviction, love, and kindness.  I do not at the moment know if this will be a single post or a series of musings.

I do know that guns have been an issue in my life since I was a small boy.  This perhaps requires a tale or two and, therefore, it may be that I need to spend some time on this set of thoughts and questions.

When it came up with the Crema Counsel this past week I could tell that there are very strong feelings in the hearts and minds of my friends who sit on said counsel.  I thought to stay away from the issue.  I cannot do this and remain honest in my search for ways to be more faithful in my following.

I suppose I will ask you to venture with me Dear Reader as I attempt to navigate reasonably that which both sides of the discussion refuse to consider with good reason.   I will not entertain emotional, pejorative, or situational thoughts.  These are neither productive or conducive. 

I will not attack anyone nor will I reject anyone just because they disagree with me.  I will address what I think is true whether I like it or not.  If I tread on your toes, I apologize in advance.  Please walk with me so that I have someone to show me what I miss.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20/2/18 05:07

    I'm glad you brought this up. Even though you said you felt hesitant. I like your view. It comes back down to options and offence. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion yet we as a culture get "offended" if someone else's opinion doesn't match ours. So we sit in silence for fear not to offend anyone. That is letting fear control us. And if we do that, then we are sinning against our Father. We might not agree but we MUST RESPEXT AND LOVE ALL.

    ReplyDelete