01 February 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Emotional Support Velociraptor

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you, Dear Reader.

In a world where taking care of our needs is important it at times borders on the absurd.  I will not the comment by the best author publicist on the planet, Penny Sansevieri of Author Marketing Experts (ame).  “Apparently, a woman wanted to take her emotional support PEACOCK on a United Airlines flight with her but UA said no.  So if your life has gotten to the point that you’re having to drag a big ass bird on a flight just to feel “ok” then maybe air travel isn’t in the cards for you anymore. Just sayin’.”

It reminded me of the time I was at my favorite theatre to see to see a movie with my Daughter, Christmas.  We had arrived early and were chatting about many things.  In a side section a woman came in pushing an old fashioned large pram.  I was with curiosity as the woman settled the large child in the pram.  Then I realized that the child was not human.  It was a young kangaroo. 

The kangaroo sat quietly through the entire movie.  The movie was set and filmed in Australia.  I suppose that this helped.  My Daughter rushed out to talk to her after the movie.  The woman explained that it was her service animal. 

This rise in odd critters being service animals leads me to think that we could capitalize on this.  People would jump at the chance to have an Orangutan reading companion (let him hear who has ears to hear).  I can see the value of shopping Ferrets, crowed comfort Tigers, and emotional support Velociraptors. 

One could purchase motivational Sloths.  There must be a market for Cannabis Carrying Koalas.  Who would not want an Alligator swim buddy or Penguin Snowshoe Guide? 

Perhaps the need to be “supported” in so many areas is a financial opportunity for those of us who need financial support.  Or perhaps I should just focus on convincing some organization that I need emotional support Benjamins; thousands of them.  Message me to find out where to send them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment