06 January 2013


Diving Deeper – Intimacy

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not for a moment want to give the impression that this effort for a deeper faith is an easy one.  I feel tattered and torn; weary and worn.  The area of intimacy is very difficult for me.  I do not mean sexual intimacy but rather the elusive unconditional intimacy that people share when they share God’s love.

Add to that the knowledge that I can only have deeper faith if I have a deeper bond of intimacy with Christ and things get very tense.  I realize that if I make the inner changes I wish to make it means there are also some larger external change that will be a natural byproduct of the changes.

The truth is I wish I had chosen this journey twenty years ago.  Many other lives might have benefited from it.  I was feeling very alone in this part of my efforts until I asked a dear friend to pray for me.  The response from this friend makes me weep with longing for the realization of the words every time I read them.  Here is what this friend said to me.

Abba really wants you to know just how proud of you he is, and just how pleased he is with you. He delights in you, he delights in your fittings, your heart, and the way you think. You are the apple of his eye. The word I hear over you for 2013 is Intimacy. He is drawing you into greater intimacy with him. I basically see a picture of him coming to you, running to you, and enveloping you into his heart, where you are surrounded by him. By Love. By acceptance

I so long for an intimacy with Christ that I have not felt since I was very young.  I realize this will blow apart my life in ways I do not imagine.  I realize the danger and risk but I also know the rewards are beyond my comprehension.  Too long have I feared real intimacy and settled for a life that gets by.  So I am diving deep even though it feels like already out of air.  For those of you who pray; please spare some time in prayer for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment