16 January 2013

Diving Deeper – Riding the Wind

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the aspects of faith that is so challenging for me is living in the unknown.  Things rarely unfold as I imagine they will.  They often unfold in ways more beautiful and amazing. 

When Jesus was talking to Nicodemus he explained to the man that we cannot see the wind or where it comes from or where it is going.  He said that everyone who is driven by the Spirit of God is the same way.  I long so much to know what is next that I forget that I do not need to know.

On a daily basis I need only to handle what God places is front of me next.  Deep faith is actually moment by moment acting in faith to what is happening.  Even if things never develop as I imagine them or wish them it is the faith that matters not the unfolding of events.  This does not mean that I do not hope for things.

What it does mean is that I need to trust God so deeply that the failures of others do not impact that trust.  It means that not getting what I wish does not impact my faith.  It means that I live in wonder knowing that Christ will make all things right as he promised.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Missy moo16/1/13 09:47

    Trust is christ is an amazing feeling

    ReplyDelete