24 January 2013

Diving Deeper – Reading

Greetings Dear Reader,

A long time ago and what seems so very ancient to me now I used to read my Bible through once a month.  I was single and had the time to do it.  A friend, Laura, mentioned that she is going to be in a program soon that requires an intense level of Bible reading.

I was reminded of how often I hear people talk about the Bible who do not really know that Bible.  One of the things I have done recently is re-intensify my Bible reading.  I am not back up to pace I once had but I am headed in that direction.  I wrote about faith being our shield but its counterpart is our sword, the Word of God. 

If I want to think like Christ I must know what he knows as much as possible.  I must follow more closely in knowing what God has to saw.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm famous! and good for you for stepping it up again. I'm sure not there right now! Let's make those rolls soon.

    ReplyDelete