28 January 2013

War – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The war in the Middle East is not over.  We still have men and women in harm’s way.  I realize it has fallen out of the news and most of us ignore it.  My Daughter in Law, Raven served in the war.  She is medic and risked everything to care for the wounded and dying.  She exemplified Christ’s command to love your enemy by volunteering to care for wounded insurgents.  This will always be the clearest example of following Christ in that command I know.

I hate war with the deepest kind of hatred I think I am capable of feeling.  No man ever has to kill another to get what he needs.  No religion has the right to take the lives of others to further a cause.  No one gains from harming another life.  I hate war and always will. 

Because I hate so much when people take to killing each other over things, ideas, and land I sometimes I forget that I am constantly at war.  I forget that within me are two wills who want my attention.  I am just as evil as anyone who kills others for his own gain.  I am just a wicked as those who create suffering for power.  I have a nature that left to its own purpose would become a destroyer of worlds.

I also have a nature that is compassionate.  I love deeply and permanently.  I see the good in others and desire to enhance it.  I find great pleasure in making others realize their own potential.

I so often forget that these two natures are at war.  Recently a friend reminded me of this conflict and in my attempt to follow Christ more closely I have been spending some time examining it.  It takes strategy to win a war.  I am going to spend a little time in planning the next phase.  Walk with me for a bit if you wish.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment