23 January 2013

Diving Deeper – A Journey

Greetings Dear Reader,

Faith is a journey and not a destination.  There will come a time when faith is no longer necessary.  It will be translated to sight.  My belief will be realized.  Faith culminates in a destination.  This means that there is no point this side of that destination where faith is no longer necessary.

We can come to the place where faith is natural and a common response but I know that I must always be willing to go deeper into that faith.  Just as I think that I have strong faith something comes along to show me I can trust God with more. I can give more of myself to his guidance and his will.  Following Christ is using faith to get somewhere. 

I cannot claim to understand why God wishes us to seek him in faith but it is what he chose; therefore it is the path.  You will notice that I do not indulge in discussions of hell and destruction for those who do not follow in faith.  That is not what matters.  God has asked us to follow his Son, Jesus in faith.  He has asked us to trust that he is good and has good things in store for us.

Through the ages foolish men (the wrong kind of fools) have used faith and following to twist things to their own ends.  This is not what God intends for any of us.  The Father wishes for me to see his love through his Son and to act in faith on that love in everything I do.

The journey to Father only works if we journey in faith.  The path, the challenges, and the joy in the journey are all subject to the faith we exercise along the way.  As I conclude this writing on diving deeper in faith I do so realizing that there is no formula or script.  It is the choice that in each moment I decide if I am following Christ or not.  I decide if I believe that God is good and that he loves me.  Deeper faith is simply more consistent following in the journey.  It is very simple but very difficult.  It is all that works for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment