29 January 2013

War – The Enemy

Greetings Dear Reader,

Even as I begin to write today my enemy besieges me.  That part of me that would rather do nothing that read the Word of God rages when I tell him to shut up.  The part of my nature that urges me to be selfish and self-absorbed demands that I do anything but pray for the needs of my family and friends. 

Every day the battle rages within me.  The constant struggle is to do what is right or wrong in every moment.  My lesser nature demands that I give in to my anger and level it at others.  Worse it silently urges me to doubt and not live by faith.  It tries to whittle away at my resolve to more Christ like and to follow Christ more closely. 

The only enemy I have constant interaction with is my darker nature.  He wants me to lie and betray.  Worse he wants me to hold grudges and withhold love for others.  He hates it when I forgive.  He hates more when I show love and kindness.

He wants to use the damage and hurt from my past as an excuse to lack faith and obedience in Christ.  He wants me to use the failures of those I counted on as a “reason” to fail to count on Christ.  He is evil and there is nothing good about him.

Truly “we have met the enemy and he is us.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment