31 January 2013

War – Deception

Greetings Dear Reader,

My inner enemy seeks to constantly deceive me.  He tells me to follow my heart.  But my heart is deceitful.  He tells me I have time and can worry about faith and following later.  But time is elusive and moves away from me constantly. 

My fallen nature will use any ruse, manipulation, or lie to convince me to give in to my baser instincts.  It harps on and on about my rights.  It reminds me of past hurts that I wish to forgive and put behind me.  It badgers and whines about the things I do not have that I want.  It tries to convince me I can do wrong things for good purpose.

Every day the battle rages on and sometimes I lose.  When I give in to those things that same nature mocks me.  It laughs at my feeble attempts to repent and tells me I will never be what Christ accepts or desires.  It lies about my standing with Christ and urges me to doubt.

The war rages every day and every past failure is used as a weapon against me.  I find that the thing that silences it the best is simple remembering of what Jesus says.  He says I am his.  He says no one steal me from him.  Why would I follow anything but Christ?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment