01 January 2013

Once Upon a Year

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have several things that I begin today or accomplish today.  All of them are things I do annually on January first.  Most of them are mundane but necessary.  This is the day I update my will, close out last year’s household budget, and make some long term decisions for the year.

As I do each of these things I pray and meditate on the blessings I have.  As I do each of these things I look for ways to be more faithful in following Christ.  The mundane is holy.  When I do anything I must do it in mind of my obligation to follow Christ in all things.  As I steward what I have I must assure that I possess with full understanding that nothing is mine.  I move forward with total knowledge that everything is on loan from God and I must care for it in that way.

For those who do not always get my subtlety I am not simply updating the document that relays my wishes should I die.  I update the intentions in my heart as well.  I look for places where what I want is not in line with what God wishes from me.  If my will, desires, and intentions are not aligned with God’s then I have no hope of success. 

So once upon a year and prepare the mundane to sanctify it for the entire year.  I must assure that I treat it that way daily if I am to walk in deeper faith and understanding of who Christ is for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment