15 January 2013

Diving Deeper – Faith Weeps and Hopes

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am overcome sometimes with the depth of pain I feel over certain things.  When I ponder the people I know who do not have a real relationship with Jesus it hurts so deeply.  I am not talking about church or any trappings of religion.  I am talking about those who do not have or have abandoned faith in Christ and following him.

This is not a judgment but a condition of my heart.  It is not depression and it is not despair.  It is my true pain for those who do not follow in faith.  I weep in the mornings when I pray for them.  The tears fall silently as I consider the potential I see in them for showing Christ to others.  I see the pain they carry that Christ wishes to take for them; has already taken for them.

In those tears is also hope.  In those tears is the faith that Christ is faithful and knows what he has in mind for those who need him.  Diving deeper in faith means a release of control and the desire to control.  I cannot nor will I try to control what others do with faith and Christ.  I must follow and reflect and hope that others benefit from it.

I remember once visiting a friend of my Grandfather's.  They talked for about an hour.  As we were driving away my Grandfather was weeping.  I asked him why.  His simple answer, "Son, Mr. Clemmet cannot see his need for Jesus.  I know how much Jesus wants to be seen by Mr. Clemmet and it makes me sad."

Faith in Christ cannot be forced on anyone.  That always ends in blood.  But when I weep silently over those who need Christ as I pray for them things can happen.  I was speaking with a friend recently and we discussed those who need to see Christ as he is and follow him.  We were not judging them but sharing the burden in our hearts for them to have what we have.  We agreed that it is an area where just being honest with God is all we have.  All we can do is trust that Jesus meant it when he promised to draw all men to him.

Faith does not take away the pain and sorrow I feel for those I love who are far from faith.  It does, however, remind me to hope.  It reminds me to love.  It reminds me to be kinder and gentler.  I have nothing to offer but all that I am.  Today this includes my sorrow for those who need to follow Christ.  Perhaps my simple tears and silent prayer will reach someone.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment