20 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – No Borders or Lines

Greetings Dear Reader,

Once again we see something so simple that is so important.  The church universal is to be borderless.  No church in the United States has a corner on the Gospel.  America is not God’s favorite because God does not play favorites.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone.  It is not to be forced upon them or beaten into them.  It is to be spoken in love and service by men and women of good character.

Why then is not the church the leader in world relief efforts.  Why can we not set aside our practice differences and insist that we channel our overwhelming resources to causes that would show our love for the world?  Why do we squander the opportunity to show Christ to the world?

The early church teaches me that I must go where needs are and carry the Gospel with me.  I must not think of any one place as more deserving of Christ of better in God’s eyes.  Everyone needs love and redemption.  If I act like it matters to me perhaps others will too.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment