24 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – Be Reasonable

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am always impressed with a friend of mine who is able to speak reasonably about almost any subject.  He has spent many years reasoning his way to a very strong faith.  The thing that astounds me is his ability to be reasonable no matter how unreasonable others are.

I have a responsibility to embrace the grace and persistence of the Gospel by not allowing the unbelief of others to cause me to unreasonable.  People I dearly love have never accepted or have rejected faith in Christ.  Others do not live the faith they profess to have.  This impacts me emotionally but that is not where I must stand.  I must live my belief that God knows what he has planned for them.

I must live out my belief that loving those people as deeply and as humbly as possible will give them space to see the call of God in their lives.  Further I must reason with people in humility and not anger or self-righteousness.  When I follow Christ I accept that people will reject him.  I should not be surprised when this happens within the circle of people I love.

What I must do is live out the Gospel and when asked give the reasons of the hope within me.  I was discussing this with my brother yesterday and we agreed that the emotional side of this is that we do not want God to have to do anything drastic to get the attention of those who need to follow Christ.  We must be vigilant in prayer for them.  One cannot reasonably demand that another come to terms with Christ until that person is ready to do so. 

“Preach the Gospel always.  When necessary use words.” – Saint Francis

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment