16 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – Help my Enemies




Greetings Dear Reader,

I have written often about the need to love our enemies.  Jesus commanded it and that should be enough.  It is what God has done for us.  We were his enemies and he sacrificed his Son to make peace with us.

It was up to the early church to accept Paul.  The Apostles had reason to fear him but it was their duty to accept him.  If God insists that we accept someone bent on killing us then we must love everyone. 

We measure out acceptance based on our values instead of those of Christ.  The only way to reach a world is for us to love it into acceptance.  The moment one declares me an enemy it is vital that I love him more.  The power of this force is immeasurable and unstoppable.  I must love everyone.  I can only show that love by being good to those who are in need even if they consider me an enemy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment