17 February 2017

Searching Social Stances – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We need change.  We need reformation and revival.  It has always been the responsibility of the church to care for the needs of the masses.  We have watered down the mission with sects and politics and then are surprised that we become less effectual.

When we choose to neglect the needs of others we cannot speak the words of Christ and be heard.  When we treat anyone as underserving of our love and care we neglect the heart of the Gospel.  It is in the needs of other that we have the ability to project the love of Christ.

I must not fall into the trap of left versus right.  I must embrace Christ and follow him in humility.  I can hold to my faith without hating anyone.  I can hold to my standards without rejecting the needs of others.  True faith is never in opposition to true love, kindness, and care.

It is my obligation to follow with all my heart that which Christ commands.  It is my joy to be good to others no matter what their relationship to what I believe.  We need to stop taking our stand in things that are not Christ.  When we stand in Christ alone we lose the need to hate, destroy, and neglect.  That is a good place to be.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment