05 February 2017

A Sign Post Ahead – Milestone Seventeen


Greetings Dear Reader,

This was the year that began my life-long love affair with Volkswagens.  It was a taste of freedom like I had not known since summers with my Grandfather.  My friend Mike and I drifted through that year in our respective yellow and blue Bugs like the world was ours.  Sometimes we drove just to drive. 

I had found Christ a few years earlier and was caught between loving him and wrestling with my all too deep anger.  I wanted to follow Christ with all my heart.  I was still angry and confused about the things that preceded my journey to him.  I was also unknowingly part of a church that put their form of following ahead of love and kindness.  They dealt in judgement and condemnation instead of fogginess and grace.
 
I was loud and large; angry and strong.  I had no idea how arrogant and unpleasant I was.  There was a girl I loved and she would spend time with me but then I would become too much to handle.  I could not see how difficult it would be to stay with me.

As I entered my final year of high school things would unfold to put me in further anger and isolation.  I turned the opportunity to learn and grow into more duality of person and presentation.  The seventeenth milestone was one where I came so very close to losing everything to my anger and pain.  There was still light to guide me but I was closing my eyes to it.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment