10 February 2017

A Sign Post Ahead – 100 Years – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The batter swings and the summer flies.  The sands slips through the pinch and gives the illusion that it moves faster as the top half grows less.  I have so much in this life for which to be thankful.

I spent a wonderful evening with my Grandsons last night who were excited just to have me stay later.  I had a wonderful conversation with the eldest of my sisters (I would never call her old.  She is just older than the others).  Dad and I spoke earlier in the week.

Today will be interesting.  I know how it begins but little after that.  I can read the mile marker clearly and it is brighter than I hoped.  I only have a couple of real goals left.  The rest will be an adventure.  I have many books left in me and just need the time to get them out. 

I want to reduce possessions even further this year.  I would like to buy a place for my Son and the boys.  There are some places I would like to see.  Some of them easily attainable and some would take real work.  There are beautiful things in the world. 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.  I am thankful for today.  I still have much to learn and say and I hope, Dear Reader to keep your company for what is left of the journey.  Thank you for your time and companionship.  I love you and look forward to the day when the journey is complete and we can share a cup and bowl together.

100 Years – Five for Fighting

I'm fifteen for a moment
Caught in between ten and twenty
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
I'm twenty two for a moment
She feels better than ever
And we're on fire
Making our way back from Mars
Fifteen there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to lose
Fifteen, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got hundred years to live
I'm thirty three for a moment
Still the man, but you see I'm of age
A kid on the way
A family on my mind
I'm forty five for a moment
The sea is high
And I'm heading into a crisis
Chasing the years of my life
Fifteen there's still time for you
Time to buy, time to lose yourself
Within a morning star
Fifteen I'm all right with you
Fifteen, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got hundred years to live
Half time goes by
Suddenly you're wise
Another blink of an eye
Sixty seven is gone
The sun is getting high
We're moving on
I'm ninety nine for a moment
Dying for just another moment
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
Fifteen there's still time for you
Twenty two I feel her too
Thirty three you're on your way
Every day's a new day
Fifteen there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey fifteen, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got hundred years to live

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment