02 February 2017

An Aspect on Ratio - Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I said, this is a short stroll along the way but it does have life lessons for me.  The ratio of things that we do matters so much.  It may seem out of balance but when we accept God’s ratio we always come out even.  Actually, we come out ahead.

Two ears and one mouth makes me able to be a better listener and better speaker.  If I take in twice as much as I speak out I will have more to offer and perhaps a better foundation on which to be heard. 

Give more than I take.  It is better to give than to receive.  It teaches me contentment and generosity.  It still hurts me when others keep taking and treat me with indifference or worse.  This is part of the price of loving others.  It is a shadow of what we do to the Father. 

Love must multiply over anger and hatred.  We must return goof for evil.  We must turn death into a fighting chance to live.  If I do good to those that are good to me, it is not special.  If I return good for evil, then I am following Christ more closely.  If I work at loving my enemies, then I am able to more easily love my neighbors, friends, and family. 

Lastly, I realize that this part of the journey is just the beginning.  It is the start of the great adventure.  There is so much more ahead and I do not need to know what it is to want it.  It is not a set of mansions.  That is a western myth based on what we want over what is promised.  It is not anything we can imagine.  What I want is for it to be everything it can be and I want to get there have run my race well. 

If I keep the right aspect on ratio I can do this.  Your company makes the journey sweeter Dear Reader.  I see a milestone ahead.  Let us walk to it then rest a space.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment