25 February 2017

Ode to Spring, no Winter, wait err…um…

Greetings Dear Reader,

Two days ago we recorded the highest temperature ever for that day in February.  Today there is a fresh covering of snow on the ground.  That is the way of things in late winter in the northern Midwest. 

It is the reaction of people that has my attention.  On Thursday as the sun was shining people where smiling and rejoicing over the spring-like weather.  Yesterday as the temperatures fell and the falling rain turn to sleet the same people were complaining about the weather.  I am not condemning these people.  It is our nature.

We complain about the weather instead of seeing the beauty in it.  We rejoice when it is the weather we like and complain when we dislike it.  It is our nature to only appreciate the things we like.  I must assure that I am aware of the value in all things about creation.

I must see the beauty in each season.  I must see my journey in them and accept changes as they come.  I have no power to control the changes in the weather or life.  Rather I get to follow the one who sets the seas in their courses and directs the wind.  The kindler of stars loves me and promises to guide me through it all. 

I will rejoice in the sparkle of lights on the snow until it gives way to the rebirth of Crocuses and Daffodils.  I will enjoy the sun when it is warm.  I will try to take each moment of the journey as it is given instead of how I wish it were. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment