11 February 2017

Searching Social Stances – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

(With apologies to Andrew Lloyd Webber) At the watering holes of the progressive set I sense a lack of enthusiasm for our new President’s style.  The protest sticks of the liberal class aren’t supporting a single ass that will rise for the Don…

It seems that there is a change in the timbre of the voices rising in protest over the choices made by President Trump.  I have already made clear my thoughts on the responsibility of the Christ follower to the President.  We are obligated to love him, respect the office, and pray for him as the anointed servant of God. 

This does not mean that he is infallible.  It does mean that my thoughts must first go to the Father.  My position must be one of humility and grace.  I must disagree with respect and support with integrity. 

The air has changed in the world and I am concerned that if we do not center ourselves as Christ followers we will follow the wrong gods home.  We will lose our way and our voice.  We will not be the salt and light we are to be as representatives of Christ.

I am going to ponder what I see and develop a deeper understanding of what I must do to follow Christ well.  I must do this and always make it my focus.  See Christ and follow him alone.  I see too much hurt and hunger not to do this.  Walk with me and me see more clearly Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment