01 February 2010

10 Miles and Counting

Greetings Dear Reader,

The sign post grows closer and I am trying to organize my thoughts so that I take the best crossroad. I must admit that my life is much different than I imagined it to be at this time. Some of the missed goals are my own fault and some are not. I have been thinking through them, trying to honestly assess my failings and find a foothold on which to keep climbing out of my falleness toward following Christ more closely.

Recently someone told me that they could trace most of the great hurts in their life back to me. I am thankful that this individual had the courage to be honest with me. It hurt greatly but I have to acknowledge the places where I have failed. I have spent a great deal of time in my life being “right” or trying to know everything. I am just realizing how little I know and how far from right I am when I neglect the essence of who Christ is for some doctrine or discipline.

Resistance to the truth is futile. There is no time in the following of Christ to resist the pull toward him and truth that he is. I fail daily. I get detoured by my own fears and self centered desires. I allow the ghosts of my past to determine current actions. It is only when I follow Christ in truth, love, kindness, and grace that I make a positive difference.

I cannot change the past. I can begin the process of renewal internally that leads to an evidence of following Christ outwardly. As the miles slip by I can determine that each one will be spent with my attention of following and not on the things that do not matter. The milestone ahead is not arrival but rather just a marker. It is too late to turn back but that also is not something to ponder. The way lies always up ahead. The joy must be found in the journey and hope of the destination. I am to follow and that is all.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment