02 February 2010

9 Miles and Counting

Greetings Dear Reader,

Snow is in the forecast. Not much but enough to make the world white and clean looking again. What is still on the ground at present is dirty mostly and melting around the edges. I love the snow. It is beautiful, unique, and still magical to me. The air is cold and dry and I see changes that say the road is getting a little less paved and easy to navigate.

I get cold more often than I used to. I used to be furnace but from time to time now I need a blanket in the evening. It is harder to do some things. My have a stiffness they have never had. I will make the transition to real spectacles this year having needed only something to magnify for most of the last decade.

My spirit, however, feels renewed. As I measure my part and portion of each failure and embrace Christ in his forgiving grace, I feel hope. I know that the journey holds more good than bad up the road. A few of my friends have run out of road and are aware of the answers to all the mysteries I still ponder. Some will far out distance me and some are on the same pace. A couple ran off the road before they reached the end, unable to carry the weight of years or pain.

I am hoping for one more great adventure before I head for that undiscovered country. I know that this is not near the end of the path but I can see that mile marker as well. According to my insurance company it is around mile 82. There are still tremendous things I wish to do but more importantly I wish to make the next miles count for Christ and Christ alone. If in doing that I find some adventure, mores the better.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment