20 February 2010

Back Where We Fell

Greetings Dear Reader,

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here - Dare you to Move - Switchfoot

Recently I had a very vivid dream of the time I broke my arm when I was boy. I was running with some friends and I fell, my arm landing under me. I knew I was hurt because of the pain in my arm when I attempted to rise from the ground. I remember thinking that if I could fly all would be OK.

Through the magic of the dreamscape I could fly. The pain was not any less. I awoke with true pain in my arm because the dream had been so real. I realized that there were things about that moment that I needed to revisit. I still carried some emotional hurt because of the surrounding circumstances. Things happened when I was five for which I had not truly extended forgiveness.

I know it all seems simple but we must return to the root of things for which we have not either asked or given forgiveness. The roots of being bitter, angry, and hard hearted are always found in the absence of forgiveness. I once asked a man who has an excellent lawn how he did it. He said that he constantly planted good seed and fertilized it well. He did not use any week killer or pesticides. He just kept planting and tending the good things.

I have learned that there are places in my life to which I must return and seek forgiveness. There are moments where I withheld forgiveness that I must give freely no matter the attitude or actions of the other individual. Redemption and forgiveness are two sides of the same coin. In his instructions on how to pray Christ expressed that we are to expect forgiveness from God in a measure equal to our forgiveness of others.

Redemption does have stories to tell. When we see the past poisoning our future, we should look into the events for a place where we need forgiveness or need to give it. Then we need to act even if it is only to internally release our bitterness to the past where it belongs.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment