06 February 2010

5 Miles and Counting – Fellow Travelers

Greetings Dear Reader,

Several of my friends celebrate their birth this week. All of them are dear to me. I would fill this space with words for kindness for them. Two of them are brothers and though their differences in mind and action are equally loved. They are both intelligent seekers and lifelong learners. They have both been of good council to me and stood by me in times of pain. The young lady whose birthday is today is also quiet intelligent. Her imagination and wit are refreshing. She has a unique ability to bring a smile to others. I would also be remiss to forget my best friend in the second grade. We traveled together briefly but with permanent impact on my life.

We are all blessed with fellow travelers along the way. They aide us and mold us. They shape our thoughts and attitudes for good or ill as we let them. No matter their impact on our lives we must be more aware of our impact on theirs. It is our responsibility to be true friends and love them as deeply as Christ does to our capacity.

I know that I am not always a good friend but hope that as I travel on that I will remember to see them as Christ does and so do better.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment