21 December 2011

Awaiting Christmas: Hot Tea and Writing


Greetings Dear Reader,

I took a couple of days off for good behavior.  I got to spend all day yesterday with my Sons and Grandson.  It filled me with joy.  This morning I am focusing on writing and enjoying some hot tea.  I am warm and content and pondering the Christ Child.

The reason I write is to deepen my understanding of Jesus.  The reason I write so much is because I understand so little.  The hot tea makes the writing more enjoyable; though I enjoy it so much I would write were there no tea in the universe.

As Christmas approaches I will relish the days that I get to spend the entire day focused on writing.  I will take a little time out for some recreation and wrapping presents but today I will celebrate Christ by employing the gifts he has given me.  I have the outline written to 51 novels.  If Christ is willing I will complete them all before I reach the end of the journey. 

What I wish most is to use the gifts given me well.  In the season of gift giving I try to make that a priority.  It is in Christ alone that I have this gift and for him that I use it.  Perhaps a day will come that I write something that shows him so clearly that he is seen more clearly to all the world.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. 51 novels!? Wow! I don't even have the outline written for the two, that's right, only two, books I want to write. You have motivated me to at least get an outline done. I hope you enjoyed your writing, tea, and wrapping.

    ReplyDelete