07 December 2011

The Christmas Difference: Giving Strategies


Greetings Dear Reader,

So many of the things we do when it comes to gift giving are good.  I know that I take great care in selecting the gifts I give.  I also do my best to live within a spending plan.  I find great joy in giving Christmas gifts.

A few years ago I was introduced to a concept that I try to share with you every year.  My church participates in and event called the Advent Conspiracy.  The principle is simple.  Each year I purchase one less gift.  I take the money from that gift and donate it to the cause my church has selected.  100% of the money collected goes to the project or cause.

Over the past years our donations have helped bring water to thirsty villages, provide wheelchairs in places where there are none, built homes, and fed the hungry.  The Christmas difference is that we bring practical help that provides hope.  We have to plan to make a difference.  This is an easy way to do so.  Consider getting involved.  It is worth it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love (and miss) AC! How awesome. I want to post about it on my blog sometime this December, too. Because taking Christmas back for Christ really is that awesome.

    ReplyDelete