04 December 2011

The Christmas Difference: Walking to the Car


Greetings Dear Reader,

After the shopping and paying comes the trip to the car.  One would think there is not much to be done in this short aspect of the journey.  One would be misinformed.  Opportunities to instill the Christmas difference abound.

In my mind this plays like the scene in a Christmas Carol when the Ghost of Christmas Present is walking about with his cornucopia sprinkling strangers with his Christmas blessing.  I make it a point to greet people I pass with a smile.  I wish them a Merry Christmas.  I remember to put something in the Salvation Army kettle.  I put my cart away.

There are other things that can be done that make a difference.  Look for parents with small children.  Offer to put their shopping cart away for them.  This way the child is not left alone in the car or out in the elements.  The point is to be aware of the needs of others.  It keeps me from focusing on self and spreads some cheer.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. i think of you when I park far away from the door, leaving close spots for other shoppers :). But I admit, I only do it when it's around 30...much more than that and my freezing self is parking as close as possible!

    ReplyDelete