22 December 2011

Awaiting Christmas: Snow

Greetings Dear Reader,

I love the snow.  I realize that there are people who do not but I do.  Given that this year there is little of it I heard much conversation about it.  So many people I know either do not enjoy snow or downright hate it.  I will miss it this year but I suppose that Christ should get the weather he wishes on his birthday. 

I will settle for the dusting we have this morning and ponder the beauty of winters past where Christmas has been white and fluffy.

Visiting a Crystal Gallery

Silently the clouds crept across the sky,
Photo by Natalie Foley
Negating the brilliance of the haunting harvest moon.
Only the brightest of stars could I still spy,
While the cottony gray darkness still had rips and tatters.

Sending chills over my exposed face,
North winds begin to whip across the field fiercely
Offering me an invitation to retrace
What steps I have taken and return to my cozy home.

Something inside drives me to pursue,
Narrowing my focus to climb the hoary-frosted hill.
Only the higher field will give a proper view
When the dance begins in earnest.

Softly they begin their waltzing flight
Navigating their way through the winter wind,
Outstanding crystals of drifting delightful white
Whispering to me that God is still an artist.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment