03 December 2011

The Christmas Difference: Standing in Line


Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that revealing some of the things I do during the Christmas season may make me seem a little eccentric.  I assure that I am not wealthy enough to be considered eccentric. 

One of the things that keep me in the Christmas spirit and further my own joy is to sing whilst I shop.  Especially when I find that I am standing in a long line.  I will quietly sing or hum Christmas hymns.  It usually impacts those around me.  Sometimes they comment.  That too is usually joyous.  On two occasions over the last fourteen years the people in line around me have joined in with me.

The standing-in-line related activity that makes a difference at Christmas is fun as well.  If I see someone harried and hurried and I think it will matter, I offer him or her my place in line.  This gives me the opportunity to go to the back of the line and impact a whole new group of shoppers. 

Again, these are little things but they combine to generate a feeling that I am keeping my perspective on Christmas and that I am making mankind my business.  After all it is the joy of giving that should motivate us.  This is a great opportunity to give to strangers. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment