15 June 2012

Marginalizing God – My Profession


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am fortunate to have a job where I get the privilege of changing lives.  Even more I am not hindered from living my faith in front of my students.  That is not as important as the way in which I deal with the things that no one supervises.  It is easy in the teaching profession to cut corners.

It may be that this is the place internally where my pride is of value.  I realize that if I do not give my best to every student, even the ones I do not like, that I am marginalizing God.  If I am not kind to all my coworkers then I forget that my primary purpose is to be a follower of Christ before them.

I am working hard toward the blank page being my only source of income and the road seems long some mornings.  The point is that it is in this that I also have to be true to my faith in this.  I cannot write a single word without assuring that Christ is at the center of my communication.  I must not tell the story unless the story is a path to seeing Christ more clearly.

No matter the profession or the vocation for those who follow Christ there is the same avocation.  The only way our work yields fulfillment is if we find that fulfillment in Christ.  I must keep before me the constant vigilance of the path and following Christ.  If I marginalize this in my work then I cannot hope to find satisfaction in that work.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment