13 June 2012

Marginalizing God – The Weather


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that the general dissatisfaction that I hear others express about the weather is an excellent metaphor for the way in which we marginalize God in everyday things.  One of the great ways in which God gets marginalized is our ignoring his sovereignty.  When I complain about the traffic, the weather, or the price of bananas I am complaining about things out of my control.  These are things in God’s control.

If God allows petrol prices to go up in my life then he will provide for my needs.  He may need for me to be a better steward of what I have or just wish for me to trust him a little more deeply.  When I do not trust God’s control in the things I cannot control I am giving room to ignoring his voice. 

I work hard at not complaining about the weather so that I can increase my trust in the one who created the weather.  I know that if I am vigilant about stewarding what I have then I honoring what God provides.  It is too easy to forget God’s sovereignty and marginalize his place in every detail of my life.  When I do this it becomes easier fail in larger and larger things.

It is not ever about the weather and my dissatisfaction with it.  It is always about God and my satisfaction with him.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment