06 June 2012

Marginalizing God – Social Spheres


Greetings Dear Reader,

It is too easy to compartmentalize my life.  It is too simple to cordon off a portion of my behavior and tell myself that it is not relative to my following Christ.  This is a great lie.  No matter what I tell myself the truth is that there are no social issues that are detached from my following Christ.

I cannot treat anyone with disrespect.  I cannot use anyone for my own purposes.  All that I do socially must be a part of my journey of following.  If I say that I am a follower of Christ and treat any area as not a part of that following then I am marginalizing God. 

I cannot ignore my obligations to Christ in any area and believe that I am doing what is right.  This is so magnified in how I treat people socially.  Every action needs to be loving and kind.  Every thought needs to be filled with grace and acceptance.  Nothing is apart from my faith in how I socialize.  The journey will only work if I keep this part of my life un-compartmentalized.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment