08 June 2013

Sensitivity Training – Friends in Need

Greetings Dear Reader,

How often do we find ourselves in a situation where we can truly help someone else?  I think that we do not find this opportunity because we do not look for it enough.  I have a coworker who has a lot placed on her shoulders daily.  Part of her job requires getting information from other very busy people in a timely fashion.

It is my responsibility to anticipate this recurring need and not make her have to chase me down.  It is an easy thing I tick of my to-do list by getting it done right away.  What is the second mile then?  How do I go beyond the easy to the place where I am doing all that I can to show Christ to this person?

I am not going to answer in specifics at this point but I do need to make the thinking my focus.  I should always be looking to the needs of my friends and colleagues.   I should anticipate the needs of others and when possible and appropriate meet them without being asked.

Everyone has needs.  Sometimes people have the courage or humility to ask for what they need from people they trust.  If I am known for meeting the needs of others when I can then more people may be willing to ask.  I, however, must anticipate them.  I must be more sensitive to the needs of others.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment