20 March 2012


My Prayer List for My Children

Greetings Dear Reader,

I had the privilege many years ago of being mentored by a man who understood that children need prayer.  He developed a list of things for which he prayed for concerning his children and shared it with me as a place mat.  I pray for my children every morning and I pray for the things on this list.  It also serves to remind me of who we are to be in Christ. 

I know that I have shared this list with them in the past but I wonder how often they ponder how much it means to me.  I have also begun to pray for these things for my Grandsons.  Each of these things matters.  Each of these things are the small items that lead to good character and following Christ in a meaningful way.  I have decided to work through this list item by item in working to become a better example of what I wish my Children and Grandchildren to become.

My Prayer List for My Children

SPIRITUAL
Bible reading
Witnessing
Prayerfulness
Desire to learn Word
Tender spirit
Contrite heart
World vision
Humility
Purity
Zeal
Wisdom
Discernment
Reverence
Quietness
Boldness
Family worship
Buoyant spirit
Faith
Faithfulness
Honesty
Experience in teaching
Comprehension of Scripture
Love of Christ
Holiness
Absolute Yieldedness
Sound Doctrine
Joy
Tolerance
Patience
PHYSICAL
Fitness
Strength
Self-exercise program
Healing
Stick-to-it-tiveness
Desire to eat right
Hobby
Profitable leisure
Safety
Proper competitive Spirit
Modest dress
Endurance
Punctuality
Dependability
Acceptance of himself
Love to sing
Good hygiene
Diligence
Able to relax
Able to use tools
Resistance to pain
Neat
Able to cook
Able to “fix-it”
Self-control
Cleanliness
SOCIAL
Respectful
Hospitality
Loyalty
Spirit-filled friends
Good neighbors
Classmates
Mate
Occupation
Usefulness in the community
Peers
High personal standards
Teamwork
Individuality
Cooperative spirit
Thriftiness
Generosity
Responsibility
Fairness
Immediate obedience
Accepts self sexually
Submission to: God, Parents, Church, Government, Mate
Peacemaker
Courteous
Helpful
Smiling
Friendly
Outgoing
Prayerful for mate
Love for siblings
Love for God’s people
MENTAL
Good books
Stimulation
Memorization of: Scripture, Poetry, Hymns, People’s names
Reasoning ability
Logic
Desire to learn
Accepts own I.Q.
Proper priorities
Ability to organize
Disciplined mind
Curiosity
Attention to necessary detail
Creativity
Comprehension
Initiative
Orderliness
Efficiency
Appreciation for:
Art
Music
Literature
Craftsmanship
Independent thinking
Ability to concentrate
Singleness of mind
Willingness to say “no”
Simplicity
Organization
EMOTIONAL
Integrity
Forgiveness
Compassion
Love
Self-Control
Stability
Submission
Thoughtfulness
Thankfulness
Tolerance of others
Gentleness
Meekness
Flexibility
Patience
Affectionate
Kindness
Accepts own personality
Contentment
Merciful
Selflessness
Generosity
Peacefulness
Loyalty
Willingness
Balance
Empathy
Sympathy
Tenderness
Consistency
Eagerness to help
Source: Phil Myers

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment