25 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Humility


Greetings Dear Reader,

My Grandfather used to always say, “The problem with humility is that the moment you think you have it, you have lost it.”  Pride destroys us.  Pride eats away at who we are in Christ and replaces it with an image we have of ourselves that is a lie.

Humility is a constant pursuit.  I must always see if I can become less full of who I am outside of Christ and more filled with his Spirit.  Pride breeds destruction.  The moment I think that I can stand outside of Christ I am destined to fall.  I may be able to sustain doing what it good for a time, but if I do it on my own that is prideful as well.

It is vital that I embrace and exemplify humility.  I must not believe for a moment that I can follow Christ under any other banner.  God resists those who are proud.  He gives grace to the humble.  Pride keeps us from admitting our dire need for Christ.  We cannot approach that need without humility.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. pride and humility are two things weighing heavily on my heart lately. Humility is something I struggle with as a concept, not to mention actually putting into practice! The best definition I've found for humility is to think of yourself less - that is something I can understand and begin to implement.

    ReplyDelete