23 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Tender Spirit


Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems it becomes easy to adopt hardness and bitterness in our world.  In a world that seems to be draining of compassion I am called to be compassionate.  One must work to keep a tender spirit.  One must not let the pains of life take away from this. 

Keeping a tender spirit leads me to be able to show love and kindness to others.  It keeps me aware of the needs of those around me.  Recently in a moment of tender kindness my eldest Son reminded me that something I was doing needed to be done for my benefit as well as the benefit of others. It gave me courage to do the things I needed to do with a tender spirit.

My nature is to hide this part of me.  Having a tender spirit means we can be hurt and no one wishes to be hurt.  The world is a dangerous place and it will hurt me for being tender.  Christ promises that he will be there for me.  He never promises I will not get hurt but that he will be there for me.  I pray that the world does not rob my Children of their tenderness.

What can be done for an old heart like mine?
Soften it up with oil and wine.
The oil is You in Your Spirit or love.
Please wash me anew in the wine of your blood. – Keith Green

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment