27 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Zeal


Greetings Dear Reader,

I must say that my Children have this is abundance.  I know that I do too. When we purse things with the heart our zeal is impossible to mask.  We give our time and energy to them.  I watch my eldest with his Son and now Sons and see how determined he is to be a good father.  He gives his heart and energy to something that truly matters.

I must measure the things I am zealous about in light of who Christ calls me to be as his follower.  As I trade each moment of life for something I need to be aware if I am getting real value for that moment.  Am I zealous in my following of Christ?  Am I trading the life he gave me for things that matter to him?  If I am not then I cannot hope for those moments to matter in the long term.

I ask that God directs my zeal to the things that please him.  That he does the same for my children is vital to me.  Getting our passions in line with the passions of Christ is vital to a life that reaches beyond the mortal.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment