26 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Purity


Greetings Dear Reader,

This is not going to be a rant about immorality or an attempt to focus on sexual purity.  If we are honest with our own thoughts we realize that we highly value things that are pure.  When I think of purity I think of a ripe Georgia peach.  I think of my new Grandson born two days ago.  I think of the well water that comes out of my tap in the kitchen.  I think of the strawberries that grow in my garden.

God wishes for me to be pure.  When I pray for this for my children it is not just about moral purity.  It is about hearts that desire what is good, right, and holy above all else.  I fear that this quality grows less in the world at a rapid pace.  I know that it is an area where I must be constantly vigilant over my own heart.  Perhaps drinking that well water more often and pondering it will help.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment