09 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Quietness


Greetings Dear Reader,

After a good and enlightening Holy Week I return to the journey through my prayer list for my children.  Please remember that I do not write these things as a message to anyone else but rather as a reflection tool for my own spirit.  I cannot expect someone else to be something I am not willing to be.

When I ponder quietness I ponder something that is very difficult for me.  Silence is a howling mine to me.  It draws so much from me and returns so little.  I have tried to become someone who can embrace quiet but my mind races and distracts.  Sometimes I feel it is a little bit of madness on my part. 

I do, however, pray for my students to embrace things that are difficult for me.  I know that my eldest Son can enjoy quiet.  I think that my younger Son struggles with this as well.  My Daughter loves it.

I see the value of it and do not disavow it in any way.  It is just difficult for me.  That said I do find that stillness and simple background music in my headphones allows me to focus quietly on reading or meditation.  Evan as I write this I am enjoy the new Jethro Tull album. 

Quietness is not a thing that I do well, but for those who do I know it is a beautiful and amazing thing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/4/12 14:31

    Psalms 46:10 Tells us to .."Be still, and know that I am GOd"...

    I would imagine for David that was a hard thing for him to do also. With all the pressures of the nation at hand, the battles so on an so forth. It would be hard to sit there quietly.

    I think however, that is exactly why we are counciled to "Be Still and Know that I am God" our human nature is constantly trying to figure things out, God wants us to know that He is taking care of Our problems.

    ReplyDelete