12 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Honesty


Greetings Dear Reader,

This is one of those areas that everyone struggles with at some level.  Whether it is a pattern of dishonesty in our lives for personal gain or it is the simplicity of lying to keep from inconveniencing others, honesty is something we must always embrace.  Lying outwardly is merely a symptom though.

What I must do every day; what all of us must do daily is to be honest within ourselves.  All outward lies begin with inward lies.  When we practice self-deceit it damages our faith and our following.  We tell ourselves that we can compromise our standards or our beliefs without deleterious effect to faith.  This is a great lie. 

Every time I violate what is right or waiver in following Christ I risk damaging my faith.  Every sin is an act of unbelief for those who have chosen to follow Christ.  Abandoning faith is not a great act but a game of inches.  I allow small compromises in my thinking and action and tell myself it will not impact my faith.

So many of the failures in my life have begun with an internal lie.  Every time I turn the thought from truth to lie I allow for the potential of great failure.  The small compromises of truth lead to lies that damage my following and my family.  Every compromise of truth internally can lead to outward ripples of life compromise.

These small compromises of what is right are me deciding that I know better than God.  These small lies are the great lie.  This is why honesty to self is so vital to my ability to follow Christ whole-heartedly.  I pray that I and my children are honest within so that we can deal honestly with God and the world.

This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man. – William Shakespeare

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

No comments:

Post a Comment