14 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Holiness


Greetings Dear Reader,

I believe that we have forgotten what it means to be holy.  The word literally means to be set apart.  We are to be set apart to God.  We belong to him and we are to live in everything as if that is the case.  Since God chooses to give us free will there is still a component of choice in the matter.

At times I and all of my children have committed to setting our lives apart for God.  Essentially we have given back to God what is already his.  I do not have the right to revoke this.  Once I gave my life to God for whatever purpose he chose I have no right to take it back.

I will change the way I think about things relative to following Christ.  This is the natural progress of faith as it grows and develops.  This is the outgrowth of learning to be less of myself and more like Christ.  In all of this I must never forget that no matter how I feel about faith and following I belong to God.  I have given myself freely to him and may not revoke that.

I can run that gamut of excuses for not be set apart to Christ but they are all just that, excuses.  Whether I intentionally disobey or water down what I believe, none of that diminishes that I gave my life to following Christ and must violate my honor to not do so.  I have failed in this and seen some of the consequences.  Everything about being holy is about being set apart to Christ in my thoughts, feelings, and actions.  If I do not follow with my whole being then I am compromising my commitment.  I pray that I will be holy as Christ commands me to be.  I pray that my family remembers the words of commitment they have spoken and that they honor them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

No comments:

Post a Comment