19 April 2012

No Compromise – A Beginning

Greetings Dear Reader,

A friend reminded me of a song this morning.  I am taking a break from y write through My Prayer List for My Children to work through a few things that are dancing through my head.  This is the first and I hope it is of benefit.

I know that having just written about tolerance this topic might seem contradictory.  There are, however, things that a Christ follower cannot compromise and continue to claim to follow Christ.  This is not me pointing fingers.  It is me taking inventory.  No matter how I feel about it there are things that are true.

I cannot worry about what others think or the popularity of my position.  The tightrope that I must walk is to follow Christ without compromise but do so in humility and love.  I fall so often it is good that Christ is also my net.  There are things I cannot compromise.  I desire so deeply to follow and be an example of how that is intended without judging or condemning anyone else.

The next few days will be my reflection on some of these things so that I may set some marker points for my journey.  It saddens me so deeply when I see others who know Christ compromise in following.  I used to be so harsh about this but I realize that all I can do is love them more deeply and try to be an example of the following.  That said, the pain of it sometimes overwhelms me in the wee hours.

I cannot focus on anyone but me in this.  I cannot push others along the path.  I must not visit my opinion on them but instead be what Christ calls me to be without compromise.  That is a tough enough task.


Make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what you want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light You gave
Thru Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You're really there

Well I wanna thank you now
For being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have to trust
And just believe what You say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope You gave me
The love that set me free

I wanna tell the world out there
You're not some fable or fairy tale
That I've made up inside my head
You're God the Son and You've risen from the dead

Well I wanna thank you now
For being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have to trust
And just believe what You say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope You gave me
The love that set me free – Keith Green


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous19/4/12 12:23

    I love the song You shared. I agree that compromising can be destructive spiritually for ones relationship with God.

    The hard thing i believe as a Christian is living up to that which W/we have been allowed to understand, realizing that this is the Holy Spirit open up to O/our minds working within U/us as W/e journey.

    Subsequently, being partakers in Christs life, W/we should be mindful that just as W/we are on a journey of understanding and implementing, so are O/our fellow believers in God on their path that the Holy Spirit has placed them on. All of us at various points of O/our paths of understanding.

    W/we should remember, just how much God has worked with U/us to bring U/us to where W/we are at. How much further the path W/we have ahead of U/us. Instead of using words to destroy the journey of others, use words to encourage each person to continue, to hang firm, to uplift and comfort.

    It is easy to love someone whom you already like, more difficult to love the one that is totally contray to everything you represent.

    The fact is no matter how i look at it, the later is more of what my relationship with God is. His pureness and unconditional love, my sin splatter life and self centered behavior.

    i thank God for His gift to U/us through His Son for it gives me the ray of hope as i struggle on the path.

    ReplyDelete