11 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Faithfulness


Greetings Dear Reader,

There is a difference between faith and faithfulness that is so very important.  I can believe and not act.  I can know and not do.  It is not enough to believe.  I must attach that belief to my thoughts and actions.

So many things will try to draw me away from following Christ.  I have given my life to him and the journey of following.  Anything I do that is unfaithful to that commitment is wrong.  I have watched others compromise their commitment because God did not do things the way they wished.  I have compromised at times because I failed to believe that God would meet my needs.

No amount of faith can work without faithfulness on my part.  The impact of being unfaithful does not only harm me but others.  The times that I have failed in this area still echo throughout my family.  One cannot contain the damage.  When I am unfaithful I can damage the faith of others.

I know that I am forgiven for past unfaithfulness but I also know that I carry the pain of having faltered in my following.  I gave my life to the journey and although I follow now with all that I can, the effects of my faltering are still evident around me.  So I pray that I am faithful as an example to my children.  I pray for them to remember the commitments they have made to Christ and keep them.  I pray for faithfulness in all so that we can be an example to others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

No comments:

Post a Comment