10 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Faith


Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I wrote about something that is difficult for me.  Today is a polar opposite.  Faith comes very easy to me.  My choice to follow Christ so many years ago came out of a deep hatred of God and all that he is.  I was angry, harsh, and malevolent at a very young age.  What was so odd was that in that inner rage I had everyone convinced I was a good kid.  I was headed quickly in the same direction that had destroyed the lives of others in my family.  I believed that God existed and that for some reason he had chosen me as his favorite piñata. 

I realize how very wrong and prideful that thinking was.  In the very darkest moments since then I have never doubted that God knew what happening far better than I did.  The night I put my faith in Christ was the same night I had decided to end my life.  A man reached out to me and challenged me to speak to God honestly about how I felt.  He further challenged me to see just how much God loved me.

I did this and have not looked back.  There have been too many times when I have not lived that faith but the faith has been there just the same.  This is one of the things I pray about daily.  When sit down in the wee hours of the morning to face the blank page and the day’s writing I pray first. 

I pray for my children, grandchildren, parents, siblings, and friends to have genuine faith.  I am not judging the current state of their faith but rather wishing for them to have faith that functions as easily as mine does.  I am also praying that they follow that faith and let it be the compass of their lives.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

No comments:

Post a Comment